Saturday, January 15, 2011

Outlet

I've cut Facebook out of the roster (for the time being). Xanga is so 2006. Twitter is too hip for me.

I have discovered recently just how words can affect things. This is not specific to any certain circumstance, but just a general realization. As a result, I've temporarily cut my ties with a certain major social networking site. It's unreal the amount of time one can find themselves entranced by this alternate reality. Sure you're in touch with your friends, but how real are you being with them when all you're doing is posting spur-of-the-moment thoughts and musings.

This is my break and my retreat. This is my place to vent. This is my platform.

This is my opportunity to speak without hundreds of eyes on my text.

Take it for what you will, love it or hate it, this is where true thoughts will be put to words.

Boom, here we go again.

-joelEo out.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading.
    Love the background pic :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, a blog is much more intentional than FB. Go get 'em, Joel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice look. Is this the church?! Just kidding Looking forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete