Sunday, January 16, 2011

Connecting...

In our continuing search for a new church home, Sara, Isaac, and I went to Connect this morning. The part of the service we stayed for (Isaac lost it by 11:15), was really something awesome, and reminded me of what church should be about.

This is a church that is roughly 30 members strong and meets on the third floor above the Prince St. Cafe in Lancaster city. It's not a big church by any means, and certainly doesn't sport the bells and whistles in the building where it meets - but this experience reminded me that a church is not a building. Church is a group of believers who gather together in fellowship to worship our Creator. Where they meet is irrelevant.

I just find it interesting that I can gain more from a service that meets in a room above a popular cafe, than I can inside a "church". It seems when you tear down the walls of a material structure and strip away the distractions of what churches these days seem to think we need, is when God gets put in the spotlight.

Keep it simple. I don't need the noise.

connectlancaster.com


-joelEo out.

2 comments:

  1. Amen ... one of the many reasons I loved church planting so much ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it. We have friends there. I even preached there last year.

    gpa j

    ReplyDelete